I truly believe that every gelato place in Italy is the best, still the people love a ranking! So Travel 365 has ranked the best gelato in Italy for 2023.
Here’s what they had to say and how they ranked them!
With the heat of these days, what could be better than a tasty ice cream, able to fill you with sweetness and refresh you? In our opinion absolutely nothing, and just to celebrate ice cream worthily, we offer you the ranking of the best 60 ice cream parlors in Italy , a real Giro d’Italia with ice cream.
Attention, because here we are talking about real ice cream parlors, i.e. those ice cream parlors that offer truly artisanal ice cream, which do not use semi-finished products or bases, or dyes, and which stand out for the attention to the raw material and the choice of ingredients, always fresh and in season.
An extra point is given for the originality of the proposal, in these ice cream parlors you will not only find the classic flavours, but also alternative and absolutely original proposals. Ready to discover the 60 best ice cream parlors in Italy ?
Best Places for the Best Gelato in Italy!
The ranking is the result of a selection made by the editorial staff and a subsequent survey which actively involved over 100,000 members of the Community. Users were invited to evaluate over 200 ice cream shops, expressing their preferences for each of the following evaluation criteria:
- Subjective goodness of ice cream
- Variety of flavors available
- Originality of the tastes present
- Local beauty
- Staff professionalism
Below you will find the top 5, followed by the complete ranking with the 60 best ice cream shops.
A gourmet and experimental ice cream shop, for a truly artisanal and high quality ice cream. The careful selection of raw materials, with a special eye to local products, and the use of rigorously fresh and seasonal fruit , are just some of the ingredients that make this ice cream the best in all of Italy according to our community. Opened in 2015, the VeroLatte ice cream parlor is located in Vigevano in the province of Pavia.
- VeroLatte, Vigevano and the rest of the world – check their website!
Gelateria De’ Coltelli, Pisa
High quality fresh whole milk, sugars, fresh cream, fresh egg yolks from free-range hens, locust bean flour and sea salt: these are the ingredients at the basis of the success of Gelateria De’ Coltelli, which in the figure of his master ice cream maker Gianfrancesco Cutelli reiterates the importance of the selection of raw materials . This is the secret, which is not so secret after all! After all, all the great masters in the standings have repeatedly reiterated how selection is the key to success.
Alberto Marchetti, Turin
Simple ice cream, few ingredients, but good! This is the philosophy of master ice cream maker Alberto Marchetti, who has been able to build a real brand, with several points of sale scattered in Turin and other Italian cities. The ice cream offered is always fresh, processed and creamed every day in the open laboratories. The raw materials come from all over Italy drawing from various local excellences, and it is for this reason that the special formula by Alberto Marchetti arouses real emotions with every bite .
Gelati d’Antan, Turin
The “Gelati d’Antan” ice cream parlor in Turin takes an incredible leap forward compared to the past, also thanks to its greatest workhorse, the ” raspberry and Malvasia ” flavor which has led to the victory of various prizes and awards . The secret of his taste are the well-marked raw materials and marked flavours, and obviously the categorical refusal of preservatives, triglycerides and colourings.
Even “Gambero Rosso” has decreed it: the best chocolate ice cream in Italy is the one produced in the fantastic Fiordipanna ice cream parlor in Cornaredo, in the province of Milan. Consistency, taste, raw materials, an explosion of flavors on the palate. It doesn’t surprise us how even our community wanted to reward this precious Lombard excellence.
- The ice cream tree, Via Giuseppe Sirtori, 1, Monza (MB)
- Ciacco, via Spadari 13, Milan
- Otaleg, Via di S. Cosimato 14a, Rome
- Cremeria Scirocco, Via Barelli 1, Bologna
- Santo Stefano Cremeria, Via Santo Stefano 70/c, Bologna
- Gelateria Bloom, via Del Taglio, 16, Modena (MO)
- Sanelli Gelateria, Piazza del Popolo 2/1, Salsomaggiore Terme (PR)
- Gelateria della Passera, Via Toscanella 15/red, Florence
- Brunelli chocolate and ice cream shop, Via Giosuè Carducci 7, Senigallia (AN)
- The Parona of ice cream, Piazzetta del Porto, 10, Parona (VR)
- Fatamorgana Nemorense, via Lago di Lesina 9, Rome
- La Gourmandise, Via F. Cavallotti 36/B, Rome
- Gourmets of Nature, via Vittorio Emanuele 22, Gazzo Padovano (PD)
- Stefano Ferrara Gelato Lab, via Silvestri 224, Rome
- Soban Gelateria, Piazza Antonio Gramsci, 23, Valencia (AL)
- Antica Di Matteo ice cream shop, piazza Andrea Torre 13-15, Sant’ Antuono di Torchiara (SA)
- I Fenu Gelateria and Pastry shop, Piazza Galileo Galilei 35, Cagliari
- Gretel Factory, Via Abate Tosti 51, Formia (LT)
- Greed Greedy for Gelato, Via Cernaia 28, Frascati (RM)
- Cremeria Gabriele, Corso Umberto I° 8, Vico Equense (NA)
- Gelateria G.& Co., Via Marina Porto 3, Tricase (LE)
- The Sicilian cannoli, P.za Roberto Malatesta 16/AB, Rome
- Chantilly, via dell’artigianato 22, Moglia (MN)
- Gelateria Pasticceria Badiani, Florence
- The Cantagalli, Lamezia Terme (CZ)
- Gippino Gelateria, Piazza IV November 8, Lastra a Signa (FI)
- Gelateria Marea, via Miramare 7, Manfredonia (FG)
- Gianni Gelateria, via Monte Grappa 11/a, Bologna
- Sottozero Cremeria, Corso Vittorio Emanuele 83, Reggio Calabria
- The art of sweets, via Milano 22, Vittuone (MI)
- Bar Gelateria Italia 61, via Roma 50, Oleggio (NO)
- Pastry shop La dolce favola, via Donizetti 77, Sesto Fiorentino (FI)
- Bar Gelateria Lucchese, Piazza San Domenico 11, Palermo
- Salvino Gelateria by SofficeMania, via dei Mille 6, Canicattini (SR)
- Caffé Verbella, via della Libertà 12, Santa Croce sull’Arno (PI)
- Captain Cone, via di Porta Cavalleggeri 117, Rome
- Cappadonia Gelati, Piazzetta Francesco Bagnasco 29, Palermo
- Dolcemente pastry shop, Corso Italia 35, Trino (VC)
- Giavazzi ice cream shop, via Mario Cereda 14, Rivolta d’Adda (CR)
- Storm of tastes, via del Pigneto 191, Rome
- Santo Musumeci pastry shop, Piazza Santa Maria 5, Randazzo (CT)
- Makì, Piazza degli Avveduti 2, Fano (PU)
- Gelato Giusto, Via San Gregorio 17, Milan
- Harmony and Poetry, Via Bramante 48, Civitavecchia (RM)
- Avalon freezing workshop, corso della Libertà 44, Bolzano
- Pastorino ice cream shop, via Vittorio Veneto 3, Calice Ligure (SV)
- Crivella Gelati & Dessert, corso Italia 54, Sapri (SA)
- Stella Marina ice cream shop, Via Giovanni Sforza, La Spezia
- Prana Gelateria (Olivotto Manuela), via Calmaggiore 60, Treviso
- Gelateria Canelin, Viale Antiche Terme 16, Acqui Terme (AL)
- The Ice Cream Theatre, Piazza Sandro Pertini 2, Sant’Agostino (FE)
- Zeno Gelato and Chocolate, Via Sant’Alessio 6, Verona
- Timballo ice cream shop, Via Cividale 53, Udine
- Workshops of Taste, Via Guglielmo Marconi 19, Pignola (PZ)
- Sikè Gelato, Marina Garibaldi, Via Francesco Crispi 81, Milazzo (ME)